a blog about books written for teenagers and young adults. Reading is the best thing in the world. This summer I am reading a number of books that I hope to use in a course . How did I choose the books? I look for books everywhere- bookstores, online, secondhand, borrowed or I ask people what they like.
Saturday, January 9, 2010
All things Scottish beginning with lemon curd, mysteries and freemasonary
I am in the process of making lemon curd tarts. This is a mystery to me. Tart shells are baked , cooling and waiting to be filled with bottled lemon curd. So far so good.
A historical mystery set in London's theatre district . Josephine Tey is on her way to London by train form Scotland, to attend the last performance of her play Richard III . A good read. Upson writes convincingly of the period.
Scottish in that the symbol in question has much to do with the Masons in America today. I kept reading hoping the story would pick up. It did not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment